Press Releases / News
Copyright © MEF 2018. All rights reserved.
- All MEF web pages and web page code and design elements.
- No use of similar design elements giving the impression that other sites represent the MEF are permitted.
- Other work downloadable from this site containing copyright notices may not be copied or reproduced.
The following may be used with limitations
- All documents, presentations, animations and videos for industry-specific proprietary purpose.
- MEF Technical Specifications may be downloaded and copied subject to the constraints listed in the copyright notices contained in those documents.
- MEF presentations may be downloaded for reference-only; and used for professional purposes.
- No more than three slides may be copied and used per document without prior written permission from the MEF.
- Use, duplication or reproduction of stock photos, art work and illustrations is STRICTLY FORBIDDEN and may result in legal action against you personally or your company by the owner, licensor, reseller of any stock photos which may exist on the MEF web sites, documents or in presentations. Should the MEF be contacted and/or impacted in any way as a result of forbidden use, duplication or reproduction, the MEF may be forced to legal action.
- When using MEF materials such as charts, diagram etc, a notice: "Courtesy of the MEF" always appears next to the item in question.
- It is not the intention that complete or partial presentations be copied and represented as the work of others.
Types of Personal Data Held and its Use
1. Customer Services and Administration
At some Sites, the MEF collects personal data such as your name, job title, work and/or home address, and telephone number and email address in order to register you for access to the MEF18 conference. This information is used to administer and deliver to you the products and/or services you have requested, to operate our Sites efficiently and improve our service to you, and to retain records of our business transactions and communications. By using the Sites and submitting personal information through the registration process you are agreeing that we may collect, hold, process and use your information (including personal information) for the purpose of providing you with the Site services and developing our business.
2. Monitoring use of our Sites
Where, as part of our Site services, we enable you to post information or materials on our Site or Mobile App, we may access and monitor any information which you upload or input, including in any password-protected sections. Subject to any necessary consents, we also monitor and/or record the different Sites you visit and actions taken on those Sites, e.g. content viewed or searched for. We may use technology or a service provider to do this for us. This information may be used for one or more of the following purposes:
- to fulfill our obligations to you;
- to improve the efficiency, quality and design of our Sites and services;
- to see which articles, features and services are most read and used
- to track compliance with our terms and conditions of use, e.g. to ensure that you are acting within the scope of your user license;
- for marketing purposes (subject to your rights to opt-in and opt-out of receiving certain marketing communications)
- to protect or comply with our legal rights and obligations
3. Trading in Personal Data:
Some of your personal data may be collected and processed with the intention of uploading it to the MEF18 Mobile App, but this will not be done unless you have given your consent (separately to this privacy statement).